Cleaning isn’t a chore for everyone. It is certainly hard work and time consuming to clean a home thoroughly, but many people find that it helps them de-stress or reduce anxiety. Almost everyone will agree that a clean, tidy space is a mood-booster. Getting the job done quickly and efficiently is even more satisfying than your normal routine, so we’ve collected some cleaning hacks that even the most experienced cleaning maniacs might not have heard of!
For many, the kitchen is the heart of the home and will see a lot of wear and tear throughout its lifetime. Here are some handy hacks to help keep your kitchen looking sparkling.
- Grouting. Everyone knows that the grouting needs to be cleaned in the bathroom, but the kitchen grouting often gets overlooked. Grease and dust can settle in kitchen grouting but cleaning it will make all the difference.
- Cleaning the inside of your microwave can be a bit tricky, but if you put some lemon juice in a bowl of hot water and put it in the microwave for a few minutes, the grease and grime will be much easier to clean! The lovely lemon scent will also help to eliminate kitchen odours.
The bathroom is the seat of your personal hygiene, so you’ll want to keep it clean and tidy. Here are some hacks and tricks to help finalise your cleaning routine.
- If you’re faced with removing limescale from your showerhead, you don’t need to remove it or fill the bath to soak it. Attach a plastic bag filled with water and a limescale remover around the showerhead and tie it up with a rubber band. Leave to soak and you’ll have a clean shower in no time!
- Get to the nooks and crannies of your taps and grouting with q-tips soaked in cleaning solution.
- Use shaving foam to lift cosmetic stains. Make-up and shampoo can sometimes leave stains on tiles, but shaving foam can often help to remove these stains, making your sink or bath look shiny and clean again. Just make sure you rinse well, because it can be slippery!
These rooms don’t have the same reputation as the bathroom and kitchen for needing a deep clean, but a few tips and tricks can help ensure that your home feels fresh and clean, making daily living more comfortable.
- Skirting boards: It’s all in the details – and that counts here too! Using all-purpose cleaner, a sponge, and a microfibre cloth, you should be able to remove dirt from skirting boards left behind by kids, pets, and bulky items carried through the house.
- Mattress: Flipping a mattress can help keep its form, but a great way to clean it properly is with a cleaning product. Using a dedicated mattress cleaning foam will help make sure that your mattress isn’t a hotbed for bacteria, but a comfy bed for you!
A walk is good for clearing the cobwebs after a long day’s work, but you’ll have to stay in the study to get rid of the literal cobwebs there! Here are our best study cleaning hacks.
- Something even the most avid cleaners forget to do is to clean the inside of their computer. But this is an important thing to do to prolong your technology’s life – here’s our article on how to clean the inside of a computer.
- Take time to oil squeaky doors or cupboards so as not to get distracted when you’re hard at work by those pesky sounds.
So hopefully we’ve mentioned a few tips here that even the proudest cleaning maniac wasn’t aware of. Maybe you’ll find even more gems if you check out our cleaning section.