Are you a caravan owner? Or are you doing your research on what it would take to keep it clean and shiny if you rent or purchase one? Whatever the case may be, it’ll get dirty after a while on the road and it’ll soon be time for a cleaning – inside and out! We’ve put together a list of things to consider when it’s time for a caravan wash.
- Think about caravan cleaning as less of a chore – and more of an entire house and home cleaning as a way of life. And, you will find that you want to do a deep clean for the exteriors, interiors, and mechanicals when you return home – you’ll be glad you did this next time you go on holiday!
- Either way, a caravan wash for the exterior is a must-do as an owner of your home-away-from-home. Have a ladder on hand to reach the roof with a long handled soft-bristled cleaning broom/brush.
- Keeping the inside clean is a daily and sometimes minute-by-minute routine. Use a checklist and you may even find that a daily schedule or routine will suit your style – so that everything is kept clean. Living out of a caravan means dust, dirt, and grime. Just from coming in and out the doors, you will require a bit more as-you-go attention. If your kids are with you – it is “all hands-on-deck” time!
Use all soft-bristle brushes – you want to avoid all scratches. What kind of detergents are you using? Go with gentle, non-abrasive cleaning solutions. Stay away from pressure washers, especially if your caravan has exterior rivets.
- Roof (fibreglass or rubber)
- Plastic parts (window frames)
- Fibreglass, metal, or painted metal exterior
- Tyres, rims, and wheels
- Gaskets and weather seals
Take care of all working parts to make your caravan as clean, healthy, and safe as you would your home. You take care of it — and it will take care of you!
- Basement cupboards
- Fresh water tank
- Grey water tank
- Black water tank
- Tow bar hitch
- Living area
Here’s the one thing to know: don’t fear caravan cleaning. It’s important for the longevity of your rig, and you’ll be happier with a home-on-the-road that’s clean both inside and out. There are dozens of options for the right tools you’ll need. If you’re looking for cleaning chemicals and washing solutions, do your research and pick the best ones for your travelling home.
We hope you have enjoyed our tips on what is required for a proper caravan cleaning.