First things first. Let’s look at some possible reasons why the window does not close.
- It could be that there are multiple coats of paint on the window, either inside or outside
- There may be dust and debris in the window tracks
- The window needs to be lubricated
- Humidity or freezing cold may have impacted the fit of the window
- There may be a loose lock or fastener
- The window pullies may be broken
As you can see, one or more of these situations may be causing the window to get stuck. Either way, you need to get the window to close as soon as possible!
So, the first thing to do is to spend a bit of time to assess the window and see if you can boil it down to the main issue… or a few issues to consider. Then you can look at options to see what can be done.