Before you start folding your fitted sheets right away, it’s a good idea to iron them. There are plenty of good reasons to do so.
- When you’re washing bed linen at 60 degrees, some of the germs can survive. Using a powerful detergent such as Dynamo will deal with the toughest stains but a quick iron will also kill any remaining bacteria. This is great for people with allergies against dust mites or bacteria.
- Ironing will also help make your fabric feel a little softer against the skin.
But how do you iron your fitted sheets?
- Take your sheets from the dryer.
- Fold it lengthwise and allow the corners to align.
- Begin by ironing the corners of the sheet and then move down the centre.