Watching TV, streaming, playing video games, chatting on the phone, reading, relaxing, eating, spending time together – a lot of these activities take place on the couch. But the more often your couch is used, the more it begins to show.
Are soda stains, cookie crumbs, and chocolate smears sharing the couch with you? Or do you have one or more four-legged roommates who love this piece of furniture as much as you do? Then treat your beloved couch now and then to a pampering session – a steam cleaning! Hot steam penetrates deep into the couch’s fibers and removes not only superficial stains from the cover, but also odors, dust, and deeper-seated dirt.
Here are the following benefits for cleaning your couch regularly with a steam cleaner:
- Fresh stains as well as older stains and soiled areas can be removed easily and thoroughly.
- The hot steam not only cleans the cover, but also penetrates deep into the upholstery, removing dirt, dust, and odors.
- Dust mite matter doesn’t stand a chance.
- Pet hairs or stains caused by pets can be removed.
- The upholstered furniture can be freshened up and look like new.
- Cleaning with steam is environmentally-friendly since less water is used and no or very little cleaning agent is needed compared to other methods.
Caution: Be careful with leather or velvet couches or armchairs – the material is sensitive and therefore steam cleaning is not ideal. The hot steam damages the leather's natural elasticity and can make it look rough and dull after a while. It is therefore better to use a vacuum cleaner and a damp cloth for leather upholstered furniture! This also applies to couches made of microfiber.