Chances are you’ve seen this done before. Using newspaper to dry wet shoes is a tried-and-tested method and though it’s not the fastest, it is one of the easiest. You’ll want to dry them overnight in this way. Here’s what you need to do:
- Gather old newspapers and rip them into smaller chunks.
- Scrunch or ball up the newspaper pieces.
- Remove the insoles from your shoes.
- Stuff the balled-up newspaper into the shoes.
- Then find a dry place to keep your shoes overnight.
- If your shoes are very wet, you may want to replace the newspaper after a few hours.
- Additionally, you can place them near a radiator to speed up the drying process.
You can use the newspaper method for most types of shoes.