How to wash a basketball jersey
Do you have a basketball fan or player in the house? If so, you are familiar with the huge importance of the basketball jersey. Players and fans love their team’s jerseys!
There are so many different kinds of basketball jerseys, so if you’re wondering how to wash an swingman jersey or an authentic jersey, one thing to keep in mind is that many basketball uniforms will come with their own set of washing and cleaning instructions. It is very important to follow these instructions as the manufacturer of the uniform has done testing on the colors and materials, so they know what’s best when it comes to washing a basketball jersey.
Here are few important laundry tips on how to clean a basketball jersey.
General rules of thumb for washing basketball jerseys:
- Basketball jerseys of all kinds need some specialized TLC. Most basketball uniforms are best washed in cold water. Using cold water will prevent the jersey from shrinking and it will also do less damage on the colors than hot water will. We recommend our Persil® ProClean® Intense Fresh® liquid laundry detergent (or appropriate product description), which is still effective in cold water.
- Be sure to turn the jersey inside out in the washer so as to limit any damage to the jersey. Washing machines can be a harsh environment, so use the delicate cycle.
- Prewash for stains. You probably won’t stain your basketball jersey too often, but it can happen from time to time. To perform a prewash, fill a bucket or sink with cold water and a little detergent. If necessary, use your hands to gently work the stain out of the jersey. Sample a small area prior to proceeding.
- Never use bleach on a basketball jersey.
- After washing, drip-dry the jersey on a hanger. DO NOT use the dryer. This is the best way to preserve the garment.
- Wash the jersey by itself whenever possible. If you put the jersey through the wash with other garments, those garments may leave lint behind that will be difficult to get off the jersey after it dries.
We hope you enjoyed our tips on how to wash a basketball jersey. Be sure to check out our other sports-related cleaning articles such as how to clean cleats, how to clean a baseball and how to wash a hockey jersey.
Make sure you register with Ask Team Clean to get more advice and rewards sent to you.
Share it with Family & Friends!
Do you like our tips? Let the people around you enjoy it as well!