Do you ever think that your kids use too many gadgets? How about you go back to basics and give them a simple activity with paper! Hanging paper stars look great and are really fun to make. They will look amazing on the ceiling and brighten the home, especially at Christmas. Learn how to make these star decorations here.
If you want to know how to make paper stars as quickly and simply as possible, then all you’ll need is some square origami paper and scissors. You might need several sheets of paper, as it can take a few attempts to perfect the process. Once they learn how, though, there will be no stopping the kids from making dozens of ceiling paper stars!
- Begin by folding the square paper in half with the colored side on the outside.
- Place the paper flat on the table with the folded side at the bottom (facing you).
- Next, fold the bottom right-hand corner to the center of the paper.
- Unfold the paper and then fold the top-right hand corner down to the bottom middle of the square origami paper.
- Your ceiling paper star is almost there! Now, open the back out to display an X on one half of your paper.
- Grab the bottom left-hand corner and then fold it in to connect the middle of the X.
- With the same corner, fold it on itself to connect the new outer edge from step six.
- Fold the bottom right-hand edge up to connect the inner edge of the crease from step seven.
- Now, simply fold the shape backward in half.
- A crease will be on the left-hand side, so take some scissors and cut along angle from under the bottom crease on the right-hand side all the way to the top of the left-hand crease. You should now have a tiny folded triangle shape. Open the back out to display the paper star. To make it a hanging paper Christmas star, just attach some string with glue or tape, then tape the other end of the string to the ceiling.
To ensure that your home is looking a lot like Christmas, then there’s no better way than knowing how to make paper stars. Make it a tradition in your household to create these awesome little decorations every year to ensure that you spend time together and away from phones and TVs for a while! Still want to make more things? Discover our tips for DIY Christmas gifts and impress your friends and family. For extra help at this time of the year, register with Ask Team Clean and receive great articles and promotions sent to your inbox.