Mother’s Day card ideas
Mother’s Day is the one day of the year dedicated to saying thank you for all the hard work and love our mothers put into raising and supporting families. A card is the perfect vehicle for you to express how you feel in writing, and is a fun way for the kids to be creative and show their love for mom, too! We’ve collected some ideas for Mother’s Day cards and how to make them at home. There’s something here for everyone!
Homemade Mother’s Day cards
These ideas are all quite easy to achieve, but, as always, kids will need supervision with craft projects. Let’s get started!
- Simple homemade Mother’s Day card: This one is ideal for younger kids—just give them a pen, some blank card stock and let their imagination run wild! Add some stickers or some glitter to jazz it up a bit.
- “Collectible” Mother’s Day cards: If you have more than one kid, you can ask them to create a collector’s envelope for their Mother’s Day cards. The cards can have a theme such as “family holidays” and then you can style them like trading cards—something the kids will know better than the adults, for sure! Mom gets the full collection of the family holiday trading cards—a card and present in one!
- Voucher cards: If your Mother’s Day present is in the form of a gift card, creating a Mother’s Day card is all the more meaningful. Create a card that’s based on the theme of the gift—if it’s a beauty gift card, you can create a Mother’s Day card that’s based around wellness and beauty, for example. If you’d rather create a DIY present, though, we’ve got some tips for that, too!
- Koala or Kangaroo card: A cute idea for an interactive card is to create two cards in one. The bigger card can be in the shape of a koala or a kangaroo, and the smaller card fits into a paper pocket (or envelope) on the bigger card. A cute mother-themed card!
- Fingerprint card: This one is perfect if you want to do some Mother’s Day crafting! Toddlers and kids alike will enjoy getting their hands messy with some finger paint to create a DIY Mother’s Day card! You can either ask them to create a heart or specific shape, or let them take control and see what they come up with.
- Photo Mother’s Day card: Perfect for the moms or grandmothers who love lots of photos; creating a collage with photos for a card is a fun way to reflect on memories. Whether photos from holidays or daily life, this one is sure to mean a lot!
That’s it! We hope you’ve enjoyed our suggestions for Mother’s Day card ideas. If you want more DIY inspiration, head to the DIY section of our website.
Share it with Family & Friends!
Do you like our tips? Let the people around you enjoy it as well!