Advice for making a DIY snow globe
Snow globes have delighted people for generations, as these little decorations contain a piece of constant winter – you only need to shake it to make it snow! Luckily, you can easily create one yourself with our DIY snow globe instructions. A great art project for the whole family, especially at Christmas – get the right advice for creating a snow globe here.
How to make a snow globe: DIY tips
Ensure you have a white Christmas by making these wonderful snow globes for your home. With a few basic household items and a bit of know-how, you can have a fantastic-looking DIY snow globe that will sit perfectly on the windowsill or even on the table for the Christmas meal. Snow globes don’t take long to make and kids love playing with them! If you get really good at making them, they could become amazing DIY Christmas gifts to give away to your friends and family!
What you’ll need:
- A glass jar with the lid
- Plastic toy
- Glycerin and water
- Glitter and sequins
- Glue gun or tube of superglue
DIY snow globe instructions
- If your kids already have loads of small toys, such as army figurines, plastic animals, or even pieces of Lego, ask them which one they’d like to have in their DIY snow globe. It’s even better if there’s a tiny plastic tree as well, because this looks great in the winter theme.
- Using the glue gun or superglue, put some glue on the base of the toy and on the inside lid of the jar and then press the two firmly together. Place this aside while waiting for the glue to dry.
- Fill up the glass jar with water up to the top.
- Add your sequins and two teaspoons of glitter into the water and then stir them in using the spoon.
- The next step in the DIY snow globe instructions is to add a few drops of glycerin, as this helps the glitter and sequins to float around the jar much better.
- Now, grab the lid with the toy glued on and screw it onto the jar. To prevent kids from opening the jar and spilling out the contents, you could also use the glue to fasten the lid.
- Now comes the fun part of creating a DIY snow globe… the snowing! Turn the jar upside down and shake it up to make all the glitter and sequins swirl around and then fall down onto the plastic toy. Looks pretty, right?
Now that you’ve got your snow globe ready, you can have a wintery feeling indoors whenever you want! Just make sure the kids are careful with handling the glass jar. Want more DIY tips? Register with Ask Team Clean today and you’ll have some great new articles and exclusive promotions sent to your email inbox.
Share it with Family & Friends!
Do you like our tips? Let the people around you enjoy it as well!