How to get out bloodstains from couch
Not all stains are created equal. While water stains seem quite harmless and can be cleaned with a steam cleaner, bloodstains are a little bit more difficult. Luckily, we’re pros, and with these tips we make removing bloodstains on your couch a breeze for you, too!
Don’t let it disturb you
It's the center of our home. A retreat, the cozy corner and a place where the family can gather. You already know what we're talking about? That's right, the sofa! Whether it's after a long day at work or on our day off, the sofa is always the place to relax. But when your eyes fall on dust and stains, the peace and quiet is quickly over. We especially see red when we see a bloodstain on the sofa. A minor injury or nosebleed and you've had double the misfortune. So you can quickly resume your well-deserved break on the sofa, we’ll show you how to remove bloodstains from the sofa!
Bloodstained couch? No, thank you!
An injury is annoying and painful. Thorough wound care is, therefore, always the priority. If some of the blood has landed on the carpet, your clothes or even the couch, then we are here to help! Because regardless of whether the bloodstain on the couch is still fresh or has already dried up, many people don't know what to do with this type of stain. Our guide will help you figure it out:
- First, pick up some carpet and upholstery foam. James Bond isn't the only one who likes it "shaken, not stirred” so make sure to shake the can well beforehand for best results.
- Spray the foam onto the bloodstained couch so that the stain is completely covered. Then rub it into the fabric with a damp, soft brush.
- Now it's time to sit back and relax! But not on your couch. The foam needs time to take effect.
- Afterward, simply vacuum up the remains of the dried cleaning agent. Voilà, you've succeeded in removing the bloodstain from the sofa.
Here is a brief overview of what you need to remove bloodstains from the couch:
- A can of carpet or upholstery foam
- Soft brush or an old, cleaned toothbrush
- Vacuum cleaner
Now there's just one last step: Put your feet up and make yourself comfortable on the clean couch! Ask Team Clean wishes you a nice relaxing time! You’ve earned it!