Cleaning Patio Pavers – Here’s What You Need to Know
Sign-up now to take advantage of member exclusives!
As a member of Ask Team Clean, you get access to exclusive offers and the best cleaning tips.
Even if you have got a tiny outdoor space, it’s good to make the most out of it and a lovely terrace or a patio, however small, is one of the best ways to do so. Of course, there are lots of different types of flooring that are perfect for your patio or terrace and if you have used patio pavers then you are reading the right article. Keeping the space clean is not the most thrilling job in the world but once it’s done, you’ll be ready to host your BBQ parties once again! Here are some tips to make cleaning your patio stones easier!
How to clean patio slabs
So let’s take a look at how best to clean dirty patio slabs:
- First things first, remove all items from the patio, such as outdoor furniture, plant pots, and the BBQ.
- Now it’s time to get rid of the weeds that are growing between the patio slabs because if they aren’t removed, they can cause damage to your patio. When pulling them out, make sure that you do so gently as to not loosen the pavers.
- If the patio slabs have any moss on them then now is the time to get rid of it by using a brush with stiff bristles to scrub the layer of moss from the stone. If you need to get down on your hands and knees to do this then we’d recommend investing in a foam gardening pad to save your knees.
- The next step is to wet the patio area with the garden hose. Once wet, add some specialized patio cleaner such as Jeyes Patio & Decking power to the water, alternatively online sources recommend simply adding dish soap to a bucket of warm water.
- Use the stiff brush to give the patios slabs a scrub. Slowly but surely, this will get rid of any dirt on the slabs. Continue cleaning them till they are spick and span.
- Once your patio pavers are nice and clean, you can check to see if any sand is missing between the pavers, if so it’s easy to replace it yourself.
- Now you can get to sealing the patio with a sealant of your choice. The easiest way to do this is to use a paint roller.
Cleaning patio stones – extra tips
- Cleaning your patio slabs regularly such as brushing away any debris once a week will help keep them looking ship shape in the long run.
- Don’t use a pressure washer when cleaning patio pavers as the strength of the water can dislodge them.
- Some online sources suggest that cleaning patio slabs with vinegar is a good option. However, doing this could really damage the pavers if the vinegar isn’t diluted enough, so it might be best to steer clear of this homemade cleaning solution.
Now that you are done cleaning the patio pavers and are a proud owner of a sparkling clean terrace, it’s time to browse some other articles on gardening topics that could help you out. These include how to clean your gutters or how to clean slate tiles. Why don’t you also become an Ask Team Clean member today and receive special deals on Henkel brands and even more useful articles!
Share it with Family & Friends!